Latest #stopabuse Posts
- I wasnt going to do a #Tenyearchallenge because I cant really find a reason to do it, just wanted to come on here and share my 5 year Difference of what Freedom looks like for me,more and more everyday, Not truly where I want to be, but it’s more about the Journey, if you go after it. I’ve had so MANY ups and downs with my Journey in healing from my Domestic violence relationship...I was in for five years. It’s a Topic most are to embarrassed to talk about or make KNOWN that they went through such a thing. Took me years to confess even things from my childhood that should ever happen, things that happened during my pregnancy with my daughter that never should have happened and after! My older photos from Five years ago, Size 4 after giving Birth, a girl who had no self Worth, No self Love, would except any kind of love and Attention I desired/needed! A little girl who allowed a man to beat on me in front of my kids and cheat on me. A girl who was to scared to leave. A girl so controlled and manipulated. I was so broken down and beaten down mentally,physically and emotionally, I didn’t know how to leave a manipulative, angry, narcissistic sociopath, I Hardly ate anything while I was breast feeding my daughter for three years, lead me to be 115 lbs (I am also 5”8)
after giving birth, very thin and unhealthy badly undernourished, was working Nights at the hospital and never slept. I’ve never truly Gotten the help I’ve needed for years up until a few months ago,I had my world Turned upside down-Realizing how badly I suffer from PTSD, body dysmorphia, anxiety and Depression and many other things. The Lord is truly reviling to me how much he wants to clean out of my soul and how badly he wants freedom for me! He’s telling me the cycle has to stop with me! This cannot be passed down to my children! I am so thankful Where I am today thankful to be alive for my kids, to be a better me everyday! I will never give up!
#beliveinyourself #survivor #strongwomen #domesticviolence #stopabuse #passion #healing #truth #identity #selflove #worthy #sexualassault #safety #hope #newyears #eatingdissorder #bodydismorphia #healing #transformations #nevergiveup #suicideprevention
42 minutes ago
- Reposted from @erindogovich - Added new pics .
TO BE KILLED 1/19/19
. . *** NEEDS PLACEMENT *** Cutie Catalina! Social With Dogs, Gentle & Shyly Sweet, Needs Follow Up Vet Care for Pyoderma & Heart Murmur!
Brave and beautiful, CATALINA’s life has been one of neglect and hope. Hope that someday she would find the happiness she has always longed for, & the dream of a family who would care for her, cherish her, & never let her go. Instead, she has itchy, burning skin, patchy fur, & because of the severity of the skin infection, her mushy face and paws are actually a reflection of her skin issue – swollen and uncomfortable. Imagine being in such a state, & for who knows how long, but still she remains GENTLE & SWEET as can be, so happy for company, a kind word, & the love of the volunteers. Catalina is compromised due to her skin, & it won’t be long before she gets the dreaded shelter cold & ends up on the list to die. This middle aged lady deserves better – she deserves to see a dermatologist, she deserves a soft bed, & more than anything else, she deserves the dream of her forever family to come true.
Please save her life….hurry .
CATALINA, ID #51737 , @ 6 Yrs. Old, 55.25 lbs.
#Brooklyn ACC, Large Mixed Breed, Gray Brown / White, Unaltered Female
I came into the shelter as a stray on 11-Jan-2019.
OWNER SURRENDER NOTES - BASIC INFORMATION: brown & white female dog that was brought to the center as a STRAY.
INTAKE NOTES - , 1/3/2018: Catalina was shy throughout the process however she allowed to be collared &scanned. She was responding to sit & stay cues & by going slow she allowed to be petted. She was interested in treats. Catalina scanned negative for a microchip.
AT RISK MEMO
We are recommending Catalina to go Home with an Experienced dog adopter based on behavioral observations.
1) Dermatitis- suspect chronic condition such as atopy v food allergies vs less likely parasitic, immune-mediated, neoplasia
2) Heart Murmur .
#FOSTER #adoptdontshop #adopter #ILoveDogs #iheartdogs #ilovemydog #furriend #dogsfurever
5 hours ago
- Never pass up a moment that will make you smile. Happy Friday
7 hours ago
- If you want to know why I do what I do, this is the post to read.
A few years ago, I gave a speech at CUNY, and one of the students drew this for me as a sign of thanks. She said my talk gave her the courage to leave a physically and emotionally abusive husband, and this was her way of saying thank you. I obviously will not be tagging her on this picture, but I know you're following, and am so darn proud of all you've accomplished in the last few years.
I love you and honor your bravery.
Si desean saber porque hago lo que hago, este es la publicación ideal.
Un par de años atrás, di una cofnerencia en CUNY, uno de los estudiantes dibujó esto para mi como regalo de agradecimiento. Me dijo que mi charla le dio el corage para separarse de su esposo que abusaba de ella física y psicológicamente y esta era la forma de agradecerme. Obiamente no la etiquetaré en esta foto, pero se que lo verá y quiero que sepas que me siento muy orgulloso de lo que has logrado en estos años.
Te quiero y me enorgullezco de tu valentía.
#CUNY #BrianRashidGlobal #Valentia #Valiente #Brave #stopabuse #NiUnaMenos #latinoamerica #Emprendedor #entrepreneur #newlife #newme #newyear #2019 #doer #dreamer #love #decitions #conference #College
7 hours ago
- Lol. I’m sure we all feel this way about the people who abused us. Repost from @imageofher
10 hours ago
- Child- on -Child sexual abuse💔💔 is on the rise.
Children exposed to sexual abuse and pornography tend to abuse other children. 💥What have you taught your children about child safety and protection? 💥Is your child empowered against such child abuse? 💥Does your child know how to respond to such when approached by another child?
Keep your children safe by teaching them to empower them.
#childsafety #child protection #stopchildabuse #stopabuse #empower #educate #pornography
12 hours ago
- I don’t believe in scare tactics, but I DO believe in sharing the truth to better prepare you for your future in every possible way. I don’t believe that our world becomes a better place by sharing scary numbers and statistics, but I DO believe in making others aware so that they can protect themselves and their families in order to take steps to make it a safer place. I don’t believe in being paranoid about every possible thing that can go wrong, but I DO believe in keeping myself in a conditioned yellow mindset. I do NOT live my life in a paranoid state, that’s just not healthy, but what I am committed to doing is just being aware, as should YOU!*
You may be wondering what a conditioned yellow mindset means. So you know how you have a green, yellow, and red lights in a traffic light while driving? Well it has similar meanings when it comes to self defense. Yellow means that you aren’t in immediate danger but you are being aware of your surroundings and have a plan JUST IN CASE. Like leaving the grocery store at night for example. But you’re not constantly scared and paranoid that something is going to happen. If you want to learn more about this you can find me talk more in depth about this on my newest self defense training session video on my Facebook page, Jada Pierce, Independent Damsel Pro.
14 hours ago
- Normally I Share Music ❎But I Saw This Video And It Hit A Nerve!! For All Those Parents Who Have To Work And Bring Their Kids To Daycares, Babysitters, Schools. Father God I Ask That You Cover And Protect Our Little Ones, Keep Them Safe, Keep Them From Those Who May Try To Harm Them, Because There Is Nothing Like A Parent's Love And I Know They Will Stop At Nothing If Anyone Harms Them.🙏🙏🙏 1.Keep reposting video so this school in TX get shut down
2.Parents question your children about their teachers, classmates so we have awareness
3.Check your children look at hands, face, neck, back, legs, hair everywhere
4.listen when your child speaks so you can pick up on things that may not be so obvious
#protectourchildren #protectourbabies #stopabuse
16 hours ago
- I've started to look at life differently. When you're thanking God for every little you - every meal, every time you wake up, every time you take a sip of water - you can't help but be more thankful for life itself, for the unlikely and miraculous fact that you exist at all -A.J. Jacobs
And today we are thankful for every thing, good or bad. Even for the littlest of things that might be considered irrelevant. Thankful for our existence, thankful for the persons we have in our lives, thankful for the circumstances We've been through that has shaped us. Thankful! Thankful! Thankful! For Everything :
23 hours ago