Latest #naturetherapy Posts
- De sidste par dage er der blevet gået nogle dejlige ture i den smukkeste, frostklare natur. Det gør så meget for min psyke og mit overskud når solen endelig kigger frem. Jeg har drømt om en ordentlig omgang sne længe, men frosten er mindst ligeså velkommen. Så længe vi kan få noget afveksling fra de grå og regnfulde dage. Det gør også lysten til at komme ud større. I dag har vi (læs: min tro følgesvend, min hund Merle) og jeg været en tur i skoven med min gode veninde. Vi fik vendt verdens situationen, nydt naturen, snakket bushcraft og friluftsliv drømme, set på svampe, lyttet til fugle og samlet skrald! Hele to store poser blev det til og det er så rart at have en veninde som elsker naturen ligeså højt som jeg gør og som ikke synes det er mærkeligt eller spild af tid, liiige at skulle have ‘denne her’ med også. Vi talte om at det at samle skrald på gåturen kan hjælpe med at dulme angst fordi man fjerner fokus fra tankerne og er mere i nuet. Og når man først får flyttet fokus fra det indre til det ydre så plejer sindstilstanden også at klare en smule op. Jeg glæder mig til det her år, med flere skønne natur oplevelser, flere sunde og værdifulde valg både for mig, min psyke og min klode 🌎💗
18 minutes ago
- Nature HEALS 🌱.
Imagine being handed a prescription by your GP that reads: walk in nature. Physicians in Scotland recognize the important role nature plays in their patients’ physical AND mental health. Their program was rolled out this past fall following a successful pilot and involves discussing the benefits of nature with patients using a pamphlet and a calendar with outdoor activities tailored to their region 🤯 Calling all Canadian GPs… can we expect this soon?! 🌱.
From a simple nature walk to viewing scenes of nature, there are SO many benefits to be drawn from immersing ourselves in the natural world. Small studies have shown reductions in anxiety, rumination and negative feelings after being immersed in nature for a short stroll. In addition to the wonders nature can do for your emotional health, physical benefits reported in the literature include reductions in blood pressure, heart rate, muscle tension, stress hormone production and improved physical wellbeing. 🌱.
Over the next few weeks, we will share some tips on enhancing your exposure to nature. 🌱.
- Set down your phone, step away from your workstation and go for a walk outdoors on your lunch break! If your work is in an urban setting, bring some plants indoors! Impress your colleagues by adopting and growing a starter plant such as a snake plant, spider plant or pothos vine!.
- If you are questioning the colour of your thumb, images of a natural scene (landscape photo or painting) or an aquarium bring about similar effects as being in nature on reduction in stress, anger, fear and increased pleasant feelings!
Sources: Psychology Today, University of Minnesota, Science Alert.
📸 Sydney Withers, RD
🏞️ Western Brook Pond, NFLD
18 minutes ago
- Who is Jesus? Well this might seem like a rhetorical question as he is one of the most well documented humans from way back, it’s not. Over the next month or so I’ll be tapping into the raw basics of these religious figures. Jesus first, as hey he’s the one I know most about (my former inherited religion)
A lot of people envision Christ as a Caucasian male. Research shows based upon era and location, he would have looked way different. Jesus would have had a deeper darker pigment to his skin much like that of milk chocolate and features that are comparable to modern day Persian people. Society, over the last few centuries have shaded his skin lighter and lighter. Presumably Leonardo Da Vinci drew this portrait which is breathtakingly beautiful but also a creative piece. My reason for showcasing a raw side history is to provoke a thought or two, about how history was changed and why it was changed. Are we all so different or are we all the same? Is our outside more important than our inside?
20 minutes ago
- Summary of our day - went exploring the local hills, enjoyed running around on our long leashes, rolled in some stuff, ate some poop, got lost in the fog, found our way, fog cleared, tried to fit into rabbit holes to catch rabbits, sat and admired the view, went home, now sleep 🐶🐶.
Leave a summary of your day in the comments 😊
#husky #huskies #huskiesofinstagram #huskiesofig #huskylover #huskyphotography #huskylovers #huskynation #huskiesreq #huskies_of_instagram #dogsonadventures #dogsthathike #hikingwithdogs #hikingdogsofinstagram #thegreatoutdogs #theruffoutdoors #adventurewithdogs #adventuredogsofficial #adventuredognation #bestwoof #dogsofinstaworld #instascotland #igscotland #ig_scotland #lovescotland #explore_scotland_ #unlimitedscotland #hikingadventures #getoutdoors #naturetherapy
23 minutes ago
- Happiest outside ☀️
44 minutes ago