Latest #kindness Posts
- "Beady-eyed Saturn playing outside with his sister" 💕🌿
Tag a friend that needs to see this cute little guy 😊
Photo by @gypsygoatfarm
Follow @ultraveofficial: ☮️ Peace. 💕 Love. 🌿 Vegan
2 minutes ago
- Blood Wolf Moon. Los Angeles, CA from atop Mt. Wilson. I was so grateful to be able to witness this rare sight. A super moon combined with a total lunar eclipse.
However, there is more to this story than Jusy the photograph and the event itself. In many ways, my experience in capturing this celestial event is far more important and inspiring.
I had everything packed up, so I thought, as I started my drive. I love driving in the canyons. The sharp curves and the long stretches of straight roadway make for a fun drive.
Navigating the twisting asphalt in the dead of night requires your full attention and thusly takes your mind off of anything else. It makes for a nice break from a normal routine.
When I reached the top of the mountain, I realized that in my excitement I had forgotten a jacket. I usually have a sweater that I keep in the car, but that too was missing.
Typically, I would just tough it out, but, the temperature quickly dropped to 40 degrees F and the wind was whipping.
It's fair to say that I would not have been able to last very long standing by the camera exposed to the elements.
The area in which I had chosen to shoot had a few other people taking in the sight and photographing.
I introduced myself to a couple of fellas that had quite a nice setup and we began to chit chat before the eclipse began.
One of the guys, Daniel, jokingly asked if I was immune to cold weather. I explained my dilemma and told him that I was just going to think warm thoughts and though it out.
He laughed, walked over to his car and got an extra sweater that he had.
Someone who was a total stranger only a few minutes prior war gracious enough to help me out.
Daniel, Jonathan and I had wonderful evening. We photographed, shared tips on photography and viwed the rare Blood Wolf Moon together as friends.
Many times throughout our lives, situations arrise in which the kind act of a stranger will make a difference in our lives.
Do something kind for someone when they are in need. Even small gestures make a great difference.
Kindness, caring and the sense of community is still alive and well.
#kindness @canonusa @sigmaphoto
2 minutes ago
- Thought of the day! What do you think?😊
3 minutes ago
- Without knowing he was being filmed, Tallahassee’s new mayor was seen chatting with a homeless man. #dosomethinggood
3 minutes ago
- So many of the photos you see of this man show him as extraordinary - leading hundreds, speaking on the steps of the capital, enacting change in a radical way. It makes it easy to forget that he was also a father who ate cookies with his children, a minister who encouraged his followers, a friend to his wife and so many others. You see, we ALL have infinite potential for the extraordinary. We can ALL create goodness in every way, every day in big ways and in small. Whatever your soul guides you towards, do it. Be extraordinary. Following Dr. King's example is, perhaps, the ultimate way to remember him. With love, grace, and abundant gratitude. xoxo⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
“Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?” ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#108YogaLove #DrMartinLutherKingJr #MLK #MLKJr #InThanks #WithGratitude #BeTheChange #Kindness #SmallActs #LoveAll #IHaveADream #Wisdom #Faith #Remembrance #YouSmellLikeLove
5 minutes ago