Latest #ketojourney Posts
- Okay, so I am going to be totally honest about my first week Keto everything...it’s been hard but definitely a fun journey I am starting! Hubby and I were out and about today and saw girls selling Girl Scout cookies! Took everything in me to say, DO NOT make him stop 😂😂 I can do this! One day at a time!! 🙏🏻 #ketodiet #ketojourney #ketos #ketorecipe #ketolifestyle #chipotle
1 minute ago
- Quick and easy KETO no-churn lemon ice cream:
LEMON ZEST ICE CREAM
• 4 large eggs, separated
• 1/4 tsp cream of tartar or apple cider vinegar
• 1/2 cup powdered Erythritol or Swerve (80 g/ 2.8 oz)
• 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream or coconut cream (300 ml)
• juice of 2 lemons (about 1/2 cup)
1. Place your loaf pan in the freezer to chill. Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks.
2. Start whisking the egg whites and add the apple cider vinegar or cream of tartar. As the egg whites thicken, slowly add the powdered erythritol.
3. Whisk until the eg whites create stiff peaks.
4. In another bowl, whisk the cream until thick and you have stiff peaks. Make sure you don’t over whip it though (the cream would split). If you prefer diary free, you can use whipped coconut milk.
5. In a clean bowl, mix the egg yolks with the lemon juice and zest.
6. Slowly fold the whisked egg whites into the whipped cream.
7. Then add the egg yolk mixture and gently fold in using a spatula until well combined.
8. Place the mixture in a loaf pan or a freezer-friendly container and freeze for at least 2 hours (I froze mine for 4 hours).
9. If the ice cream is too hard (if frozen overnight), either leave it in the fridge for 30-45 minutes, or on the kitchen counter for 10-15 minutes before serving.
#keto #ketoicecream #ketopudding #ketojourney #ketoyum #ketorecipes #nochurnicecream #icecream #paleo #paleoicecream #lemonicecream #lowcarbicecream #myketojourney #ketofeature
4 minutes ago
KETO GROCERY LIST
So you're a keto beginner and headed to the grocery store.
What foods should you buy to fill your keto kitchen?
Here is a list of the 4 MAIN keto food categories you need to buy from!
Healthy fats are a staple part of your ketogenic diet. Since you are looking for 75% of your diet to be made up of them, they should be a big part of your grocery cart. Select healthy fats such as avocados, macadamia nuts, almonds, coconut/olive oil and grass fed butter.
Leafy greens should be an essential part of your keto diet since they are packed full of micro nutrients, fiber, and are very low in carbs. Spinach, kale, chard, bok choy, and lettuce are all great options!
LOW CARB FOODS
What are some low carb food options that you can throw in your shopping cart? Cauliflower, broccoli, artichokes, brussel sprouts, and asparagus are all perfect side dishes for your next keto meal!
Getting 20% or less of your calories from protein is very important, especially if you are looking to build muscle with the ketogenic diet. Select steak, ground beef, pork, bacon, and eggs over leaner options like chicken and fish. Chicken and fish can still be apart of your keto diet but shouldn't be the majority of your protein source because of the low fat content.
Repost from @ketohackershop
5 minutes ago
- When all else fails, bacon and eggs ❤️ 🙌🏼 My favorite post-workout meal
12 minutes ago
- Love me a random plate of scrambled egg goodness. 🍳
🍽: 3x scrambled eggs, Montreal steak-spice sausage with onions, broccoli, salted-pork, and feta.
13 minutes ago
- This omelette really hit the spot // mmmmm
14 minutes ago
- This top didn't fit me on NYE. It was so tight and uncomfortable. This is me now, 2 and a half weeks into a keto lifestyle.
I felt really dejected at weigh in on Wednesday when I had lost nothing but this has spurred me on.
Monthly weigh ins and regular "clothes checks" are needed for my mental health and outlook on this journey. I'm so guilty of doing daily weigh ins.
Today we are relaxing then off to have dinner with friends. I am taking my own salad and made a really good mixed chilli sauce that's 💯 keto friendly.
#progress #smallwins #keto #ketojourney #ketoweightloss #keto #weightlossjourney
24 minutes ago