Latest #butstill Posts
- It's a Monday on Tuesday, so while I'm running around like a chicken with no head, I'm feeling grateful for the extra meal prep time yesterday. I made some grab & go breakfasts and roasted #alltheveggies , so staying nourished while I'm busy is a nonissue. Super slammed all day, so if I can squeeze in strength training before bed it will take an act of Congress.
Wait...do we still have those? 🙃
Smoothie pro tip: prep fruits and veggies and bag individually in freezer so in the mornings all you have to add is your liquid! #runfasteatslow
13 hours ago
- We are not/only bones.
Haciendo acopio de inventario de fotos me encontré con las que hice estando en Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. La primera parte de este museo me dejó más indiferente, salvo por alguna información curiosa sobre los indígenas del lugar. Al llegar a esta parte la sensación fue no sólo de asombro sino, curiosamente, también de estética, ya que lo tenían expuesto todo de forma tan interesante, macabra y a la vez elegante, de algún modo. Todo el tiempo intentaba hacerme a la idea de lo que estaba viendo, porque es muy fácil verlo sin de verdad ver. Cuesta humanizar aun viéndote rodeada de ellos. Se me hacía difícil llegar a percibirlo todo como era, supongo que por la inmensidad de lo que había y, por otra parte, por lo acostumbrados que estamos a estas imágenes (y peores). Fue así hasta que llegué a las demás salas y vi lo que hay en la última de las fotos, aunque no la haya puesto entera.
No sé por qué, pero esa momia fue la que de verdad me hizo ver dónde me encontraba y rodeada de cuánta gente en escaparates estaba. No hace falta describirla, pero se puede apreciar lo menuda que era.
#bones #huesos #museum #museo #canarias #muerte #death #idk #history #culture #macabre #butstill #life #travelingram #travelingspain #spain #travel #instatravel #idlkkk
18 hours ago
- Next step: 30 days of cardiac monitoring. THIRTY DAYS! I have to sleep, work, exercise, have sex...everything with this thing on. When the doctor said 30 days I kind of thought he misspoke. I figured 48 hours, a week tops. But 30 days?! I almost want it to find something abnormal so this isn’t for nothing. I’m grateful for technology that is as simple as this really is, but right now I’m just feeling frustrated that I have to deal with it. (Just noticed: 2 posts in a row with my shirt off...how very unlike me 😝) #couldbeworse #butstill #cardiacworkup #birthtrauma #gettinganswers #oratleasttrying
22 January, 2019
- Christmas coktan bitti ama dekorları sağda solda hala var trend zamanında o renklerin üzerine yağmayan kar şimdi yağınca en güzel yansımayı kazandılar... #christmaspassed
22 January, 2019
- I need to work on forgiveness being an attitude🌙Forgiveness of ignorance, of hate because of a warped world view. My heart aches for those who weren't brought up in a loving, nurturing environment, rather one that perpetuated fear, uncertainty and anger. I've always been, and will always be so grateful for growing up in California, with such an eclectic group of individuals 💖 From birth, I was exposed to an abundance of different races, ideologies, social classes, and lifestyles. I grew up around acceptance, with accepting parents who taught me about equality, building bridges and looking out for those who weren't as fortunate. They taught me to stand up to bullies. Both instilled a level of "don't sink to their level," but also "take no shit." They taught me fairness, and to stand up for the underdog. Most importantly they taught me understanding.
Aside from the Cheetoh in Chief, I haven't wanted to smash someone in the face as bad as I wanted to smash the smug look off the face of the teen boy who taunted Nathan Phillips, Vietnam vet and Omaha tribe elder. But then that rage turned into extreme pity, especially after seeing his mother's statement. This boy was subjected to hate. This boy was not as fortunate as I was, and did not grow up in the same kind of loving family I did. My heart hurts that while my parents taught us about loving those who are different, his parents raised him with a deeply instilled fear of differences, and that is too much for any child to handle. Make no mistake this boy was no innocent bystander in some mainstream media conspiracy, he knew what he was doing, he just doesn't know any better given his seemingly lack of good role models. Martin Luther King, Jr was on to something. We're all different, each one of us is as individual as it gets, from the way we look, talk. The way we grew up, and how we were loved along the way. Understanding doesn't mean we aren't allowed to hurt, or be angry. It means I am attempting to see where you are coming from, and how your world view came to be 🌍✌🏽💜
21 January, 2019
- My dad dropped my phone after this :,(
21 January, 2019