Latest #beingtruetomyself Posts
- Today, felt like one of those days where I was just drowning in confusion, misunderstanding and betrayal. The tightness in my chest was the most intense it has been for a very long time.
Kurtis and I are embarking on a new adventure at the moment that’s going to change our lives completely, fingers crossed for the better. It’s something We’ve been dreaming about since before we were married and something we thought may never happen at different points of our journey.
I thought this step in our lives would be one of the most exciting leaps we would take in fulfilling some of our dreams but it has been a most stressful, anxious and negative time in our lives.
It feels like we’ve nearly been battered down every step we’ve taken. I don’t know whether it’s been us or the different circumstances or we’ve just been unlucky but since we decided to go down this oath the anxiety I have felt because of the way the journey started has never been so intense for such a long period of time. It’s been horrible. The closer the time has come the tighter my chest has gotten, especially in the last few days.
Many times through out my day I found myself trying to talk to God, to give him my worries, concerns and anxiety. I would play the music that normally calms me, I took breaks from my work that I was not completely, drank water, tried to control my breathing but today I just couldn’t get it under control. I just had to roll through the motions, hide my eyes that were constantly welling up all day, put on a fake smile while I worked alongside my co-workers all day and try not to do or say anything stupid while I Navigated my way through dealing with all of this.
I tried my hardest to keep being positive but negativity got the best of me today. Even though I didn’t get through my day, today very well. I know tomorrow is a new day, Even though it felt like God was no where to be seen today it doesn’t mean I’m giving up or that I don’t have hope that he’ll bring peace of mind soon. I still choose to believe in him and his gracious and powerful love, Because I know he will never abandon me.
I still have hope even in the darkest of night
21 January, 2019
- I was kind of hesitant to post this picture at first, I felt people might judge me for being a little crazy(I have got crazier ones too) . To be judged for not being polished or sophisticated person as a lot of them are around me.
I am raw,I love being reckless being spontaneous and up recently I have been meeting people who really are accepting me the way I truly am. Not asking me to lower my voice or not asking me to calm down or stop being restless or stop blabbering or not expressing some of my fierce opinions. People who really bring out the confidence in me.
Trust me, how much ever you feel someone is bold or strong, he/she gets hurt and can feel pain just like you when you judge or pass an unnecessary comment.
It isn’t about validation but the right to stay true to my nature. Such kind of acceptance can do a lot to a person.
The woman with me has also suffered a lot of unnecessary comments for being what she is.
Let us take an effort to be more accepting, kind and not take people for granted.
#instagram #beingtruetomyself #happy #rajasthan #zostel #travel
19 January, 2019
- Ask yourself: am I being true to myself, open and real?
I mentioned in Insta stories but I’ll say it here. I’ve transitioned slightly out of fitness posts because after prep I realized there are just more important things to me than all fitness. I’m still a huge proponent of wellness and health but it no longer consumes my life. I’ll still post about my nutrition, workouts, and my progress but I’ll inject other things. Like how I maintain work life balance. My cheat meals and ventures in and outside of Vancouver. Perspectives on self care, friendships and relationships. A little bit of everything. Because if I continued to post belfies (butt selfies) I’d be lying to you since I haven’t stuck to a real program since prep lol (more about my new official program coming this weekend - I finally committed to something 😬). I want to create a place that’s relatable, uplifting, and real.
Thanks for sticking around, little babies.
18 January, 2019
- Hey guys 👋🏽 So last year I started my “loc journey” using extensions because my hair was super short “2 inches” and difficult to loc on its own due to my active lifestyle... thought I would keep it in “permanently”....buttttt this year I decided to start over my journey myself with just my hair, a different parting system and thicker Locs ... It’s not easy after having length for soo long but it is extremely liberating that I have finally come to genuinely accept all of me without the facades♥️ excited for this journey right here😆😊 literally left what serves me no purpose in ‘18! #thicklocs #thickerlocs #starerlocs #loclivin #locs #dreadlocks #shortlocs #babylocs #newstart #patience #interlocks #locstyles #locnation #locqueen #locjourney
16 January, 2019
- Lately I have been thinking about 'likeability' and how young children are programmed from early on in society that likebility has become an essential part of you and that space we hold in the world we live in. That there are times where you need to hold back, don't say what you want to say. Because you have to be 'liked' and you have to fit in and this mindset starts so early on in a child's life, it can become so ingrained into their pysche.
When I look at my children as well as their peers all I want to say is just forget about fitting in, forget about trying so hard to be liked. Because if you focus so much on that you are just not going to tell your most honest and sincere story. As what you will be doing is spending your time worrying about upsetting or offending someone and that's just going to spoil the flow of your story.
Because when you look at the big beautiful world, it's so diverse, so amazing, intriguing and so extraordinary that out there you will find individuals who will be your people. For them you won't need to alter, pretend, change yourself to fit the box they have stipulated for you. As your people will simply accept you for being you and really where is the greater beauty in that.
#beingthankful #beingtruetomyself #likeability #findyourpeople #beautyofyourstory #inspirationalquotes #inspiration #dontfitin #dontfollowothersexpectations #dontfitthebox #beyourself #bristolchef #bristol247 #bristolmag #bristolfoodie #bristollife
16 January, 2019